- Hard Afternoon Hike: Sunset Peak via Wong Lung Hang Country Trail, 9 km (2.8/5)
- Tai Tan Country Trail
- HARD SLOW Nam Chung Country Trail and Stream Trek rated 2.9
- Monday EASY hike - South Lantau Country Trail, downhill - rated 2.1/5
- Shek Pik to Ngong Ping via Shek Pik Country Trail (Moderate, Rated 2.7/5)
- Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay - Recommendations & suggestions
Lung Ha Wan Country Trail
Though only 2.3 km long, the Lung Ha Wan Country Trail makes for a fairly tough hike, especially on a hot sunny day (there is no shade en route). But it’s also a rewarding hike, with splendid views over grassy hillsides dotted with boulders, as well as Sai Kung hills, and islands including the jagged Ninepins.
The route is simple: a steep climb from Tai Hang Tun, before the trail eases to pass over the 291-metre summit of Tai Leng Tung, then down to Lung Ha Wan: if the trail’s wet, it might be slippery in places here.
Getting There (source):
There is no public transport to the starting point at Tai Hang Tun barbecue site at the end of Clearwater Bay Road. Take one of the following buses that pass by or end at Tai Au Mun, then walk about 15 minutes to the trail's start: KMB No. 91 from Plaza Hollywood in Choi Hung (Diamond Hill) or green minibus 103M from Tseung Kwan O MTR Station towards Clear Water Bay Second Beach; green minibus 103 from Kwun Tong Ferry Pier to Tai Au Mun; or green minibus 16 from Po Lam, Tseung Kwan O to Po Toi O.